- Parsons School of Design, MFA Design and Technology – 2017
- Dartmouth College, BA in Ancient History – 2007
- Iron Times, Transmediale Festival – 2017
Part of a group show at Haus Der Kulturen Der Welt, Berlin, Germany
- Teratogenesis, Technical Landscapes Conference – 2017
Shown at Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
A one-day app about the practice of constructing sand mandalas for meditation. Used worldwide, even in a few temples. Featured as New and Noteworthy. Downloaded over 10,000 times. Sound by Disasterpeace.
Selected Artistic Experience
- Adjunct Faculty, Parsons School of Design – 2017
Starting in the fall. Course TBA.
- Teaching Fellow, Parsons School of Design – 2016
Designed curriculum for and taught a three-week, 45 classroom-hour class covering the basics of creative coding from programming basics to design and aesthetics.
- Freelance Videographer/Photographer & Creative Technologist – 2010 - present
Clients include Encyclopedia Pictura, Xiu Xiu, The Atlantic, Everlane, imgur, The Bold Italic, and Vox.
- Coordinator, Allied Media Conference – 2014 - 2015
Recruited speakers and workshops, organized fundraising, and worked on the general logistics of a track that discussed how interactive media can be used for outreach. Taught skills to encourage underrepresented voices to make games.
- Young Global Shaper, World Economic Forum – 2014 - 2015
- iOS Product/Engineering, DIY.org – 2012 - 2013
Led development of the 1.X series of the app and co-developed the 2.X series. The app was an Apple Editor's choice twice and is included in the permanent Education collection. Worked on the feature roadmap and designed UI animations. Wireframed and storyboarded a rich-media sign up procedure in the 1.X series to successfully boost low sign-up completion rates.
- Systems Administration, The Witness – 2011 - 2012
- Art Director & Designer, Koduco Games – 2009 - 2011
As part of the Y Combinator Summer 2010 class, my friend and I co-founded Koduco games and designed and developed the arcade game mashup PongVaders that received nearly 100,000 downloads and received placement in the Apple-curated "Lost In Space" collection of games as well as a positive review from PC Magazine.
- Founding Researcher, Web Ecology Project – 2008 - 2010
An informal, interdisciplinary group of researchers, the Web Ecology Project produced timely reports regarding events on Twitter, balancing qualitative and quantitative methodologies. We received press coverage from the likes of The New York Times, Foreign Policy, the New Yorker, and more.
Awards & Grants
- President's Scholarship, Parsons School of Design – 2015 - 2017
- Honorable Mention, A&E History Design Jam – 2015
- Studies In Online Dating, SXSW Interactive – 2010